Fast Wallpaper Shipping
If you wish to return your product and/or request a refund, you must first submit a return request through our store returns page here: We will not accept merchandise for returns sent to us without prior written agreement from us. Returns will only be accepted on the terms listed below:
1. Damaged and faulty products
1.1 If your product is faulty or damaged in transit, we will refund, repair or replace your product. We will arrange for collection of damaged and faulty products. You must inform us of any damage within 24hrs of receipt of the products, and of any faults within 30 days.
1.2 Wallpaper: Inspect your wallpaper carefully before hanging, prior to booking a professional installer, and again after hanging 2-3 drops to ensure no shading or other defects are present. If any defects are found, stop hanging immediately, take photos and submit a return request through our store returns page here. Do not continue hanging. We do no accept claims for consequential loss in respect of defects that were apparent prior to and/or during hanging.
1.3 Cane furniture: When your furniture arrives, carefully unwrap and inspect it before use. Claims for damaged cane furniture must be made within 24hrs of receiving the product. Do not use damaged furniture.
1.4 Some products (wallpaper, murals, pastes, fabrics) include manufacturer’s instructions and/or care advice. It is important to read and follow the instructions/advice carefully. All warranties and guarantees are void if these are not followed.
1.5 Any damage that arises from installation error or as a result of not following the manufacturer’s instructions is not covered by The Inside.
2.1 We accept returns on standard wallpaper, within 30 days of purchase, providing:
- The wallpaper is returned in unopened and undamaged condition. The Inside is not responsible for the cost of the return shipping.
- The wallpaper is a standard wallpaper usually stocked by The Inside, and not a “Special Order” wallpaper (See 5).
- The wallpaper was in stock in our Nelson warehouse at the time of order.
- The wallpaper RRP is less than $200
- We did not order the wallpaper in especially for you
- You are returning less than 6 rolls
- The wallpaper (or mural) is not a custom order designed/printed/sized wallpaper/mural printed for you.
- Returns on wallpaper are subject to a 5% restocking fee
- The wallpaper is not a clearance item.
2.2 To request a return, email email@example.com
- You can cancel standard wallpaper orders at prior to them being dispatched from our warehouse. Cancelled orders will be refunded less a 2.5% service charge.
- Orders for special order wallpapers, custom size/designed wallpapers and wallpaper not in stock in our Nelson warehouse, can be cancelled if the order has not been processed by our suppliers/manufacturers (usually within 24hrs of purchase) and refunded less a 2.5% service charge. Once the order has been processed with our suppliers, it cannot be cancelled.
3. Cane furniture
3.1 We do not accept returns on cane products for change of mind, or colour variances. The shipping logistics of returns are risky and expensive.
3.2 Deposits paid on cane furniture are non-refundable. Furniture is often made to order and we cannot refund deposits once work has begun and/or your piece is in transit to NZ.
3.3 We do not accept returns on custom items. These items have been created just for you, requiring significant cost and skill and cannot be resold.
3.4 The Cane/Rattan used to make our furniture is a natural product. Each piece of cane contains colour variations and subsequently each piece of furniture made with cane has a unique finish. This means furniture could be lighter or darker than the product photos. If you need a specific shade, contact us prior to making a purchase. We do not accept returns on cane furniture for colour variations.
3.5 Washed finishes that are available on selected designs are applied by hand and colours can vary from past collections. We recommend purchasing all items at the same time to avoid large colour variations in your collection.
3.6 Cancelled orders
- IF the cane furniture is in stock in our NZ Warehouse, you can cancel furniture orders prior to them being dispatched from our warehouse. Cancelled orders will be refunded less a 2.5% service charge to cover the costs incurred by The Inside.
- Orders for furniture that need to be imported, or custom pieces, can be cancelled if the order has not been processed by our suppliers/manufacturers (usually within 24hrs of purchase) and refunded less a 2.5% service charge. Once the order has been processed with our suppliers, it cannot be cancelled.
4.1 Refunds will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the Product back from you. Funds will be returned to the account/card payment was received from.
4.2 Returns on wallpaper are subject to a 5% restocking fee.
- Special Orders
5.1 Special Order wallpapers: We are able to source many wallpapers that are not listed on the website. When we source and/or order wallpaper especially for you, that is not listed on our website, we cannot accept returns on these Special Orders due to change of mind.
5.2 Special Order quantities: We do not accept returns of wallpaper for volumes of 6 or more rolls.
6.1 You may in some cases be able to cancel your order, so long as the products for your order have not already be purchased from our suppliers, or the order has already been dispatched.